One of my loves is His Word and gathering words from books, blogs, and more. As I streamline my scribbles about the cross into this space, may it strengthen your heart, too.
- Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.”—Jesus (Luke 9:23)
- To take up the cross of Christ is no great action done once for all; it consists in the continual practice of small duties which are distasteful to us.—John Henry Newman
- The cross is your daily decision to deny yourself, and deliberately, wholeheartedly, unreservedly live out your commitment to His will and His way and His Word and His wisdom.—Anne Graham Lotz (Read more here.)
- If my life isn’t cross-centered, my life is off-centered… and the warping spin leaves me sick.—Ann Voskamp
- I realize “taking up our cross” may sound strange or vague at first, but for me it’s meant breaking old habits to create space in my heart for new growth. It’s meant moving beyond a plastic Christian checklist … Go to church. Read the Bible. Don’t cuss. Be nice. Pray. Give to the poor … and letting God mess with any and every area of my life.—Lysa TerKeurst (Read more here.)
If you have Scripture or quotes, blogs or books to share about the cross, please share. It is grace to grow together.