- Abiding with Jesus is a choice. Draw a line in the sand and make the daily choice to hangout with Jesus, enjoy His company, remain, and stay.
- God wants to encourage and challenge us. Every time we open His Word individually or in community, He has something for us. Be expectant.
Your identity in Christ matters. It changes everything! Live up to who He says you are instead of living down to who you or others say you are.
- We align our lives to God in His Word and prayer. If we’re out of step with His Spirit, we must reorient our hearts. Don’t complicate what He has made simple.
- Impossible is where God starts. Expect the unexpected. He can do it! Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us (Ephesians 3:20).
- Prayer closets are a real thing. Check it out here.
Do not devalue the invisible. Abiding is not cosmetic. It’s quiet and takes places in the unseen—personal prayer, worship, memorizing God’s Word. This is foundational to depth of intimacy.
- The Vine Dresser will do whatever it takes to bear fruit. He prunes us to keep us focused on what He planted us for. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last (John 15:16).
- It is well with my soul. Even if it is not well with our circumstances, it can be well with our soul. “When Peace Like a River”
- Live in light of eternity. Be steadfast and remain until Jesus returns. And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming (1 John 2:28).
If you participated live in Mobile, Alabama or on the other side of the screen in another place, share your notes, too. It’s grace to grow together.
Want to watch it for yourself? Check out details here.